OW Season 7 - PLAYOFFS!
Tue, Jul 3, 2018
CONGRATS to all the teams that made it into playoffs! It's been an awesome season! Thanks to all the new teams and players that participated this season, we hope to see you again next season!
Important notes about playoffs:
The full calendar and playoff brackets can be found here. First round of playoffs starts next week!
**NEW** playoff rules for Season 7! (see below)
(8.2) Playoff format for Season 7
- Playoffs for Season 7 will be a Best of 5 series and will end when one team wins 3 maps total
- If a map ends in a draw, teams should play 1 round on Oasis to break the draw.
(8.3) Map selection & progression for playoffs
- Map Selection must adhere to the following structure: Control / Assault / Hybrid / Escort / Control
- MAP 1: Home team - Choice of any Control map played this season.
- MAP 2: Loser from Map 1 - Choice of any Assault map played this season, Winner from Map 1 chooses starting side.
- MAP 3: Loser from Map 2 - Choice of any Hybrid map played this season, Winner from Map 2 chooses ses starting side.
- MAP 4 (if needed): Loser from Map 3 - Choice of any Escort map played this season, Winner from Map 3 chooses starting side.
- MAP 5 (if needed): Loser from Map 4 - Choice of any Control map played this season (not yet played)
- Control maps should be set to Score to Win = 2
- Do not play the same map twice in a single match.
- Home team MUST post their Map 1 selection ahead of time in Match Comms panel and once selected may not be changed. All other map selections will take place via in-game chat as the match progresses.
(8.4) Scoring for playoffs
- Each map won = 1 point
- Possible match scores are 3-0, 3-1 or 3-2
(8.5) Default Day/Time
(8.6) Match deadline
As always, you can play your match on an off-night if you have written agreement from your opponent posted in the Match Comm panel, but matches MUST be played by the deadlines above!
How to contact us: For quickest service players should contact an admin on our Discord server. Feel free to also contact us directly on BattleNet or on Twitter.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS!